The Panasonic Lumix FH20 is a suggestion that may make sense. There are other cameras that qualify as excellent choices, but this one made the list of Top 5 Point and Shoot Cameras as judged by popularity. More about that later.
A friend has a teenage daughter that has taken an interest in photography, and, as it turns out, she is pretty good. Has a natural eye for composition and perspective. She borrowed her dad’s camera and took a few photos to enter into the school photography contest. Mind you, she has just entered middle school. Well, she ended up having one of three entries accepted.. contest to be judged soon, so no results yet.
The point is that Dad wants to get her a good point and shoot camera, and, being a teenager, she has a tendency act like one at times. A large investment is not going to happen. He asked for a recommendation from me.
After looking at many point and shoot cameras, the Panasonic Lumix FH20 stands out like a bright star.
Here are the reasons especially related to a teen:
1. Price – it’s not the cheapest camera, but it is reasonable. If the teenager in question has shown an interest as this young lady has, a camera that has some special features may be better than the cheapest one you can find.
2. Intelligent Auto (iA) – this feature is where the camera will make the choice (and usually it is the right choice) for mode selection if you are not sure which settings are best for the situation. An excellent feature for someone who is just learning about photography.
3. Mega O.I.S. – a super sensitive anti-shake system built into the camera to avoid blurry pictures. It works!
4. HD video – teenagers are all about video these days, and with the software bundle that comes with the camera, they can upload to Facebook or YouTube with just the click of a mouse (almost).
5. Slideshow with music – this will certainly catch the attention of teens. The in-camera slideshow has a few choices for music playback.
6. PHOTOfunSTUDIO 5.0 – this is the “Icing on the Panasonic Lumix FH20 Cake”. With this software, you can create the slideshows with music from your iTunes account. Teenagers will love this!
There are plenty of other “techy features” for this little point and shoot camera. It is a pretty awesome camera for teens and adults. As already mentioned, this camera has been a favorite of many buyers, mostly adults.
Your teen (or anyone on your gift list, for that matter) will love this camera!
See more about this camera on the list of Top 5 Point and Shoot Cameras at http://www.squidoo.com/top-5-point-and-shoot-cameras.